Horizon Prep greatly appreciates your interest in bringing your God-given talents and abilities to possible employment in our ministry. Making hiring decisions is a thorough and prayerful process that we take very seriously.
From discovering who you are, to understanding what you believe, we go to great lengths to ensure that our employees are an ideal match for the mission and vision of our evangelical Christian church and school community. Inasmuch, we seek candidates who will best model and uphold the standards of our ministry, become active members of our church and school, and carry out our mission.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, or physical disabilities. Providing full information as requested will assist us in considering you for the position that best fits your God given abilities and experience and matches your qualifications with the school’s needs.
Statement of Faith
The faculty and staff at Horizon Prep are spiritually mature born-again believers who adhere to the following statement of faith. Please read and consider your agreement with this statement before beginning the application process.
What we believe:
- We believe the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, are inspired, inerrant, and infallible. It is the Word of God!
- We believe that God is eternally existent in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe God is the sovereign Creator of all things.
- We believe Jesus is fully God and fully human, lived a sinless life, was executed, died and was bodily resurrected for the atonement of our sins.
- We believe all people are separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation and forgiveness are a free gift offered by the grace of Jesus Christ, to anyone trusting Him to save.
- We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, valid for today when exercised within Scriptural guidelines. Believers are to seek the best gifts and exercise them in love that the whole church might be better equipped for ministry.
- We believe in the example of the scriptural practices of the first century church. We therefore hold to the practices of water baptism and communion, although we do not believe that either is essential for salvation.
- We believe in a pre-tribulation rapture of the church. We await that glorious day when we will be united with the Lord to reign with Him forever.
What we don’t believe:
- We reject extreme theological positions of both Calvinism and Arminianism.
- We reject any teaching that Christians can be possessed by Satan or his demons.
- We reject any “positive confession” teaching whereby God is required to heal or work miracles.
- We reject the idea that Christian maturity is determined by the evidence of a spiritual gift.
- We reject the overemphasis of signs and wonders to the exclusion of sound Bible teaching.
- We reject human prophecy which supercedes or bypasses scripture.
Our supreme desire is to know Jesus and to be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of the doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ.
We believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His (Agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
Our vision is evangelism with a responsibility to:
WIN a person to Jesus Christ (Mark 16:15)
DISCIPLE a person in Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19, 20)
SEND a person for Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8)